1. MEMBERSHIP – Each angler entering a CBC Trail is required to pay a $50 membership fee*. * $50 Membership Fee Includes: 2021 Carolinas Bass Challenge Membership Qualification Fee to participate in the New Bassmasters Team Championship ($10 value) FREE Subscription to BASS Times Magazine ($12 value) $97 Value for $50!
2. PARTNERS – A Team may consist of two (2) anglers or a (1) single angler. A team cannot split at any CBC event and both use subs in the same event. Any angler under the age of 18 must have the signature of a parent or legal guardian. Each angler must possess a valid fishing licence.
3. SUBS & ALTERNATES – A team may use a Sub or Alternate in one CBC Qualifier. Subs must have a paid 2021 CBC Membership to be eligible to fish. Using a Sub in one qualifier will allow a team to earn points towards their season points total. A TEAM IS ALLOWED TO USE A SUB ONE TIME. NO SUBS WILL BE ALLOWED TO FISH IN THE CLASSIC.
4. CBC CLASSIC QUALIFICATION – Your team will be established at the 1st 2021 CBC event your team enters. For a team to become eligible to enter the 2021 CBC Classic, a team or solo angler must finish in the top 100 in the Points of the Division the team or solo angler is entering. The top 100 teams in the points from each Division will qualify for the CBC Classic. 200 teams will make up the CBC Classic field. A team may use a Sub ONCE which will count toward teams point total. Fishing solo will count towards a teams point total. Solo anglers may Qualify and will be eligible to enter the Classic as a 1man team. If a Team (2) qualifies for the Championship and one member cannot attend the Classic, that member may fish the Classic as a solo angler. If for whatever reason a partner misses 1st day of the Classic he can join his partner for the 2nd day or vice versa. A member of a qualified team cannot partner with a member of another qualified team. During the designated practice days a team member must practice with partner or solo. You cannot practice with anyone who is not your partner during the designated practice days. Prior to the designated practice days fishing with someone other than you partner is allowed.
5. HOLE SITTING – A team having someone who is a competitor or non-competitor sitting on a location for the sole purpose of holding the location for the team will be disqualified. This rule violation will result in the competitors and non-competitors being disqualified from any and all future CBC events.
6. POINTS –1st place will receive 310 points, 2nd place 309 points, 3rd place 308 points etc. Teams not weighing in will receive 20 points less than the last team to weigh at each event. Each Division point winning team will receive $1000.00. Each 2nd place point team will receive $500.00. Each 3rd place point winning team will receive $250.00.
7. DEFINITION OF A PRO – Any FLW PRO Circuit, BASS Elite or MLF bass angler will NOT be allowed to enter a CBC event. BFL, Coasta and ABA Open Series anglers will be allowed to enter any CBS event. BASS OPEN, FLW & BASS Co-anglers will be allowed to enter any CBC event.
8. GUIDE – Any angler that has guided for bass on tournament waters within 30 days of the official event for any method of compenstion will not be allowed to enter.
9. START TIME – The majority of CBC events will begin at safe daylight and end at 3:00 PM unless weather is a factor. There may be more than 1 flight. If there is an exception the tournament hours infortmation will be posted on the CBC web site.
10. TROLLING OR LONG LINING: Trolling or Long Lining will not be allowed at any CBC event and will result in disqualfication. No live bait is allowed. All fish must be caught on rod/reel and artificial bait.
11. LIMITS – All CBC events have a 5 bass limit. Length limits will be determined by SC or NC DNR length rule in effect for the tournament lake. A four (4) ounce penalty will de deducted for each dead fish weighed. The four (4) ounce penalty (.25) will not be subtracted from a teams Big Fish but will be deducted from the teams total weight. A team bringing more than 5 bass to the scales will results in loss of the teams Big Fish. The decision to weigh a BF will be left entirely up to a team. A team must have a working livewell.
12. BLAST-OFF POSITIONS & FLIGHTS – A team’s blast-off position is by random computer draw. Blast Off order will be posted on the CBC web site the Thursday before the Event.
13. OFF LIMITS – 13A – The off limits period for any CBC event will begin at 12:00 am the Monday before the event and last until blastoff for said event. No contestant may be on designated tournament waters for any reason during the official off limits period. 13B – 2021 CBC Classic will have a 2-day practice period consisting of Wednesday & Thursday before the Classic. 13C – The only areas of a lake that will be off limits are the areas designated by the state DNR and areas deemed by CBC to be off limits.
14. INFORMATION – No information may be purchased, bartered or solicited from any person who entered official tournament waters during the off limits periods for all CBC events.
15. CULL RULE – Cull when limit (5) is reached. Not culling will results in one (1) warning. 2nd violation will result in diqualfication,
16. TIES – In the event of a tie the prize money will be added together and spilt 50-50 between the two teams tied.
17. LATE PENALTY – One (1) pound per minute will be deducted from a teams total weight for each minute the team is late. Returning to the ramp more than 15 minutes past the designated weigh-in time will result in disqualification.
18. POLYGRAPH – Winners and participants are subject to a polygraph exam at any CBC event. Any angler who has failed a polygraph exam in the past 15 years will not be allowed to enter a CBC event. Refusal to take a polygrpah for any reason will result in disqualification.
19. ALCOHOL, ILLEGAL DRUGS & FELONS – No alcohol or illegal drugs during tournament hours.
20. WEATHER – In the event of heavy fog, lightning, heavy rain or any other weather related problems, the Director can postpone or cancel the tournament. This decision will be made by the CBC Director. Trailoring will not be allowed at any CBC event.
21. CELL PHONE – Cell phones may be used during tournament hours for family, business and emergency calls. No cell phone discussions pertaining to fishing during tournament hours.
22. PAYBACK & ENTRY FEES – Pre-paid entrys are non-refundable.
**The entry fee at all CBC events which will include Qualifiers andf trhe CBC Clkassic will be $200 per team.
** The CBC Trail will feature a 100% PLUS format!
** CBC Qualifiers will feature a 1st place guarantee of $8,000.
** $1,000 Big Fish award at each event.
** 1st Place at the CBC Classic will receive $50,000
** $10,000 Skeeter Bonus To the Top 4 Skeeter/Yamaha Owners Owner must be in the boat tourney Day. 1st $4,000 2nd $3,000 3rd $2,000 4th $1,000
** $500 is awarded by draw at conclusion of each CBC Weigh In. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!
23. LIFE JACKET & KILL SWITCH – Each must be in use while big motor is in operation. Failure to comply will result in disqualification. Life vest must be Coast Guard approved. Excessive speed and recklass driving will result in disqualfication.
24. OVERPOWERING - Any boat equipped with a motor exceeding the Coast Guard approved rating for the boat will not be allowed for use in a CBC event. The decision will be determined by the Tournament Director.
25. ASSISTANCE (Break Down) - If a team recieves assistance from a competitor or noncompetitor it must be brought to the Directors attention for approval. If possible a phone call should be made to the Director to receive clearance for any help a team recieves during tournament hours. If a call cannot be made the instance must be brought to the Directors attention before weigh-in. One team member can return to the weigh-in with the teams catch in another competitors boat or noncompetitors boat. A team member can exit the boat in case of the call of nature, emergency or paying for gas. A team member cannot exit the boat in order to advance the boat into a fishing area.
27. PROTEST – All protest should be made to the CBC Director with in 15 minutes after scales are closed. All decisions by the CBC Director are final. CBC reserves the right to refuse anyone a membership.